Are you teaching children about God’s love? Here are 3 of our favorite resources that help bring the message of how much God loves us home to children. Most can be used either in church (Sunday School) or at home. If you have other ones you like list them in the comment section below.
Love Is . . . Folding Craft Stick Craft or Plaque Craft
This fun craft project by Danielle’s Place was designed to teach children about love based on 1 Corinthians 13 but could easily be modified to help kids understand how much God loves them. It is quick, inexpensive and easy to make. Click this link to see the specific instructions on how to make. Here are a few verses that you could use with this idea:
- John 3:16 – For God so loved the world, that he gave his only Son, that whoever believes in him should not perish but have eternal life.
- Romans 8:37-39 – No, in all these things we are more than conquerors through him who loved us. For I am sure that neither death nor life, nor angels nor rulers, nor things present nor things to come, nor powers, nor height nor depth, nor anything else in all creation, will be able to separate us from the love of God in Christ Jesus our Lord.
- Ephesians 2:4-5 – But God, being rich in mercy, because of the great love with which he loved us, evenwhen we were dead in our trespasses, made us alive together with Christ— by grace you have been saved …
- Romans 5:8 – but God shows his love for us in that while we were still sinners, Christ died for us.
- Zephaniah 3:17 – The LORD your God is in your midst, a mighty one who will save; he will rejoice over you with gladness; he will quiet you by his love; he will exult over you with loud singing.
- 1 Peter 5:6-7 – Humble yourselves, therefore, under the mighty hand of God so that at the proper time he may exalt you, casting all your anxieties on him, because he cares for you.
- Psalm 86:15 – But you, O Lord, are a God merciful and gracious, slow to anger and abounding in steadfast love and faithfulness.
John 3:16 origami craft card by Memory Cross
This origami folding card has four panels that make an endless loop and illustrates John 3:16. It is a simple way to help children put the most shared verse into their hearts and minds. The video below shows how it folds. For more information, click this link.
John 3:16 Heart Coloring Pages
This can be used with any verse to show how much God loves us. It can be found on the Ministry-to-Children website.
Have another favorite craft that lets kids know how much God loves them? Be sure to post it below with the link.