If God has put it on your heart to share the Gospel with children this Halloween then there are a number of trick or treat Bible tracts available written specifically for kids that you’ll want to check out.
Halloween is the one day of the year when children knock on their neighbor’s doors asking for a treat. Along with candy handing out a simple Halloween Gospel tract, especially one that also invites parents to visit your church can be an effective way to let children know that there is a God and that he loves them and has a plan for their life.
I realize that Christians have differing views on Halloween and whether to avoid it, join in the activities or use it as an evening of evangelism. Personally after reading the history of Halloween I find many of the customs are either directly Christian or have been taken from Christianity. It has been mixed with elements that are not Christian just like Christmas so in my mind I’ve decided to use Halloween to plant seeds that God could use to further his kingdom.
When Paul was in Athens he found common ground with those who were worshiping other gods and used it as his starting point to talk about Christ. Acts 17:22 -23. Paul then stood up in the meeting of the Areopagus and said: “People of Athens! I see that in every way you are very religious. For as I walked around and looked carefully at your objects of worship, I even found an altar with this inscription: to an unknown god. So you are ignorant of the very thing you worship—and this is what I am going to proclaim to you.
If you are unsure which way God is leading you, read the Bible and pray about it. For those who want to share the Gospel with children at Halloween here are a few trick or treat Bible tracts for kids that are worth checking out. First a disclaimer, I’m a partner in Memory Cross and involved in the creation of Halloween tracts for kids, so I’m biased and I do receive compensation if you choose to purchase a Memory Cross trick or treat tract for children. Having said that we work very hard to create relevant and engaging tracts that kids will want to keep and read over and over again.
With every tract we make we follow the following guidelines:
- Make sure the tract gets kid’s attention and engages them. If it does not get their attention it will be discarded without even being read.
- Make it something kids want to keep. We do this through the unique design, images and wording.
- Create Halloween tracts so they presents the Gospel in a kid friendly, positive and loving way. They do not have to present the plan of salvation but if it starts a conversation, opens a door, or makes kids want to know more then a seed has been planted. With most of the trick or treat tracts there is a space for you to invite parents to visit your church. Hopefully that is where children will come to understand who God is and accept Jesus as their savior and become a disciple of Jesus.
Favorite trick or treat Bible tracts for kids
This Halloween tract shares the Good News in four panels that make a never ending loop. The copy is as follows:
- Happy Halloween. Have you heard the Good news?
- God loves you and has a plan for your life.
- For God so love the world that he gave his only Son, that whoever believes in him should not perish, but have eternal life. – John 3:16 ESV
- I have come that you may have life and have it to the full – Jesus (John 10:10). Come visit us this Sunday and there is space to either stamp the church name and address or hand write it. If you are ordering before September 30th you can also get it printed with your church name if you order 250 or more cards.
Free Candy Halloween trick or treat Bible tracts for Kids
This trick or treat Bible tract asks the question what could be better than free candy? That is what Halloween is all about. Just dress up in a costume, say trick or treat and get free candy. What could be better than that? God’s love.
Panel 2 says: “God loves you. He sent his Son Jesus to earth to die for your sins so that you can have eternal life.
Panel 3 says: “That is the greatest and sweetest gift in all the world and all you have to do is accept it. Invite Jesus into your life and ask him to forgive your sins. Simply say this prayer and long after the candy is gone Jesus will still be by your side.
Panel 4: “Lord Jesus I know I have done wrong and need your help to do right. I believe that you died for my sins and that you are alive today. I want to be like you and I want you to be Lord of my life. Please forgive me. I invite you to live in my heart. I will obey you and live for you the rest of my life. There is space to write the name of your church or other message.
These are just two of the trick or treat Bible tracts for children that we’ve created. To see the entire line of Halloween tracts, visit our store and pray that God may use all of our efforts to build His kingdom and bring children into a relationship with Jesus.
Here are a few other resources worth checking out:
- LifeWay has several good trunk or treat tracts. Click here to check out their supply.
- Amazon has a number of tracts from a variety of suppliers.
- Christian Book also has a number of tracts available on their website.