This year there are more churches than ever holding Trunk or Treats so I decided to put together 7 ways a church could reach children who attend their trunk or treat with the Gospel.
- Have several cars hand out Christian tracts. They need to tell the Gospel story but also something that children love. At Memory Cross we have created tracts for trunk or treat that are available on our website, but other companies have also created tracts that you can us.
- Consider handing out a Christian children’s book. This can get pricy if you have hundreds of kids but talk to your Christian bookstore. They will often cut a deal on a large order.
- Hand out information on your church, worship services and other activities that children or parents might be interested in.
- Set up a mini movie theater and show a short Christian video. There are several at I Am Second including Bailee Madison and Bethany Hamilton.
- Have plenty of adult volunteers around with name tags that are available to answer any questions that children or adults might have.
- Have your praise band play Christian Music.
- Have a welcome table set up where parents can register their kids. Ask parents for their email address so you can keep in touch with them about upcoming events.
Remember the children and adults are there to have a good time so sharing the Gospel needs to be incorporated into the strategy. Your goal should be to convince them to come back and visit your church at other times and give them a few things that they’ll value that also share the Gospel.
Memory Cross has created a number of Halloween Tracts for Trick or Treat and Trunk or Treat. We’ve put together a video that shows how our cards work.
They may be purchased from our store.
If you have other trunk or treat ideas, post them below.