Home » Posts tagged 'putting God first in our relationship'
Tag Archives: putting God first in our relationship
This was written by Heather and Kyle who wanted a relationship that honors God. It was so good I wanted to make it available for any Christian couple who is trying put God first in their relationship.
1. We will keep God FIRST in our individual lives by spending alone time with God daily *Matthew 6:33
2. We will grow closer to God individually and as a couple by praying for each other, praying together, discussing scripture,and serving together
3. We will glorify God in our relationship and be a godly example of dating to others *Psalm 34:3
4. We will seek and surround ourselves with godly mentors who will keep us accountable
5. We will set boundaries for protecting our purity (hand holding and kissing only) *Psalm 119:9 *Colossians 3:5
6. We will be patient and kind to each other *1 Corinthians 13:4
7. We will intentionally listen to each other, seek to understand each other, and be slow to become angry *James 1:19
8. We will keep honest and open communication with each other by addressing and discussing problems together
9. We will use our speech to encourage each other and build each up*1 Thessalonians 5:11 *Romans 12:10
10. We will serve, honor and respect each other *Philippians 2:3
11. We will be mindful of our actions impact on each other
12. We will not keep record of wrongs or bring up the past *1 Corinthians 10:5 *Proverbs 19:11
13. We will be tender hearted and forgive each other. *Ephesians 4:3
14. We will always protect, always trust, always hope, and always persevere *1 Corinthians 13:7
As always comments are always welcome.
Memory Cross is best known for our origami folding card. If you don’t know how it works watch this quick video and order a free sample today. Enter code “Facebook” and for a limited time we’ll even pick up the shipping costs (USA only).