Jesus Calms The Storm – A Creative Craft Idea for Kids
If you are teaching children at Sunday School or Vacation Bible School about Jesus calms the storm here is a creative craft that you’ll want to check out. Memory Cross has created a very unique craft card with four panels. You fold the card from one panel to the next and as you do it comes back to the first panel. The design is so different from anything else that it fascinates children, and adults. It is addictive so children will fold the card over and over again, which means they’ll learn the story about Jesus calming the storm. We’ve put a video at the bottom of this page that you’ll want to check out.
If you would like to receive a free sample fill in the form to the left. If you live in the United States we’ll even pay for the freight. We do this because once you hold one of these cards in your hands you’ll really understand why this is such a good tool to share the Gospel. Here are what a few people have said:
- “I received the free crosses in the mail – absolutely the coolest thing! What a way to catch someone’s attention and while they are studying how it’s made – the Holy Spirit is quietly working on them! What a wonderful tool! Thumbs up to the creator of the Memory Cross!” – Sandra Voskon
- “I had a blast “playing” with my package of sample Memory Crosses! What a fun design, well constructed, and a very unique way to share the Gospel.” – Christie Inocencio
- “I absolutely love these products. There are easy to use and engaging. Not only do they help you learn a Biblical message, but little ones that find it hard to keep still will have something to do that is not too distracting to others around them.” – Corine Hymen
If you would like to read more reviews click here.
What does the story of Jesus calming the storm mean and why is it included in all four Gospels? What lessons do you plan to teach children from this story? I realize there are going to be multiple answers to these questions. For me this story says that Jesus will always be with us helping us through the storms of life. He does not promise to remove all the storms we face in life. He says in this life you will face many troubles but cheer up for I have overcome the world.
Here is some information I received from the Billy Graham Evangelistic Association.
Typical community in America 100 neighbors
- 7 struggle with depression
- 14 feel crippled by fear and anxiety
- 7 addicted to drugs or alcohol
- 3 grieving the death of a loved one
- 8 struggling with loss of a job
- 60 don’t profess to know Jesus personally
It is clear to me from this study that everyone is dealing with storms in their life and if they are not, one is on its way. The story of Jesus calming the storm tells me that we can turn to Jesus for everything and he promises to be with and confort us. Not that the storms will all be taken away but that He will guide us through the storms. If you look at the list you’ll discover that following God and living a life that pleases Him will take away many of the struggles.
If you are reading this and are in the midst of a storm I pray that God’s peace will cover you. Philippians 4: 6-7 says: “Don’t worry about anything; instead, pray about everything. Tell God what you need, and thank him for all he has done. Then you will experience God’s peace, which exceeds anything we can understand. His peace will guard your hearts and minds as you live in Christ Jesus.” – NLT
If you would like to find out more about our Jesus Calms the Storm card, click on the link. Memory Cross makes hundreds of Bible story cards, Gospel tracts and tools to help you teach children scripture. Check out our store today.