Halloween is just around the corner and it can be the single largest evangelistic outreach for Christians in America. What other day of the year do are there millions of children knocking on the door of Christians asking for a treat? Statistics I found say there are 41 million trick or treaters between the age of 5 and 14 and 1.1 billion pounds of candy given away.
What do you think the odds that those 41 million kids knock on at least one follower of Jesus? What if that one follower gave them a Halloween Evangelism track that also invited parents to visit their church? A recent study found that 82% of unchurched would consider visiting a church if invited. This same study found that 98% of church members never invited even one person in a given year.
That could easily be changed at Halloween. During every day of the year except Halloween Christians would have to be proactive to share their faith, which a lot of people are uncomfortable with, but during Halloween kids ask you for something. Go ahead and buy some of the 1.1 billion pounds of candy but also give them a Halloween evangelism tract or an invitation to visit your church.
Some will respond. If the number that responded is 1% that would be 410,000 families either visiting church or responding to the Gospel. When Abraham was pleading for Sodom he asked God if he would spare the city for 50 people, finally saying he would not destroy the city for the sake of 10. If Christians united in their desire to reach the lost at Halloween and only 210,000 people were saved is that worth the effort and expense? Suppose only 105,000 respond? What if the number is 52,500? What if only 26,250?
Jesus last commandment found in all four Gospels is “Go and make disciples of all nations” – Matthew 28:19. Let’s take advantage of the opportunity which Halloween offers us.
There are many Halloween evangelism tracts already printed and ready to buy. A few even have a spot to include your church’s name and information. Here is a link to some of the Halloween Gospel tracts available:
Halloween Gospel Tracts
- Amazon – If you already shop on Amazon and if you are a Prime member you can find hundreds of Halloween Gospel tracts with free shipping.
- Christian Book – They have a wide selection of Halloween evangelism tracts from a variety of companies.
- Memory Cross – Origami Halloween tracts, many with room to put your church information. See the video below that shows how each tract works.
- Let the Little Children Come – I’m a big believer in making Gospel tracts creative because they capture attention and are far more likely to be read. I think Memory Cross cards are the most creative, but then I work there. The other company that incorporates the creative use of paper to share the Gospel with children is Let the Little Children Come. Be sure to check out their products.
- Crossway – While they don’t (as of this writing) have tracts specifically for Halloween they do have well written child friendly Gospel tracts.
- Moments with the Book – They have the best selection of KJV tracts. If you love that version check out their products.
The final option is to create a small card that tells what your church has for children and youth activities and invites the parents to visit. It is more work, takes a longer lead time and is a little more expensive but is more effective. Memory Cross can help you with the printing and design of your card. The lead time is about two weeks. Click here for more information.
If Jesus has changed your life and you want to share the Good News with others then Halloween is one of the most effective times of the year. Simply drop a Halloween tract in with your candy and pray that God uses it to change lives.
I have included two videos below. The first shows how each Memory Cross card folds and the second video is the story of someone whose life was changed because of a simple Gospel tract/invitation.